Products Home > Products> Laser Particle Size Analyzer > LS-POP(9) 0.1-750microns
LS-POP(9) 0.1-750micronsPost date：2012-01-17 11:15:33
LS-POP (9) is a new cost-effective laser particle size analyzer designed and manufactured by Omec relying on powerful R&D managerial experience from Spectris and combining the market application features of LS-POP(6)- the star product and sales champion at present after Omec joining in UK Spectris plc. It will bring a feeling of freshness to powder industry with higher testing performance.
Applications: Measure the particle size distribution of powder or latex.
Principle: Light is an electromagnetic wave. When light meets with particles on it way of traveling, the interaction between light and particles will result in deviations of part of the light, which is called light scattering. The bigger the scattering angle is, the particle size will be smaller, the smaller the scattering angle is, the particle size will be bigger. The particle analyzer instruments will analysis the particle distribution according to this physical character of the light wave.
Technical features Reliable optical platform:
The Application of Patents and Proprietary Technology
Scattered light detection around a sphere surface (DAS) The large angle detectors are placed in a spherical surface to get accurate focusing of large angle scattered light.
Integrated laser emitter The beam expander and the pinhole filter are integrated in several concentric tubes, and then jointed into one tube with both ends enclosed. It is shock proof, easy to maintain and with stable laser output.
Schematic diagram of optical path:
1. Totally enclosed design of light path system, dust pollution and external light pollution can be prevented.
2. Light path adopts lens back Fourier transform structure.
3. Optical source adopts He-Ne laser emitter which owns better monochromaticity, high coherence, small divergence angle and good stability compared to other laser emitters,
we also adopt the patent design of integrated laser emitter(patent no.: 00228952.0) which reduces heat distortion of laser tube and external mechanical vibration.
4. For laser emitter, except for traditional detection of output power value, we add the stability test of output power.
5. Smoothing processing technology is used to reduce the impact of power fluctuation to measurement.
6. Constant current limit and filling process of laser tube are used to reduce the flash frequency to the minimum.
7. Backward detector is added, the lower limit of measurement is extended to 0.1micron.
8. Spatial filter is fixed by powerful permanent magnet, the pinhole is not easy to shift under the disturbance of external force, so the stability of the optical path has been
greatly improved. Besides, the new designed spatial filter eliminates the laser diffraction ring more effectively, the light background of the instrument is lower, optical energy data is more accurate, it is helpful to improve the testing capability for large particles.
9. Detector array adopts unique scattered light detection around a sphere surface (DAS) (patent no.: 95223756.3), the large angle detectors are placed in a spherical surface to get accurate focus of the large angle scattered light.
Advanced data collection and processing technology:
1.New designed data collecting board uses 32 bit CPU from famous chip design company-ARM,the CPU has the advantages of high-effective signal processing capacity and low power
2.Using 8-channel simultaneous sampling to sample 16 bit ADC, the sampling frequency of frame data can reach 1 kHz.
3.Using 64-channel simultaneous sampling technology and sample & hold switch with ultralow leakage current, the full scale accuracy can reach 0.15%.
4.Easy to update the firmware and layout data, more convenient for maintenance and operation
5.Offset function of electric background, it can help to get more accurate optical energy data.
Friendly & practical software Functions: